Last updated: 7 April 2022
1. Types of Information We Collect
We may collect both “Personal Information” and “Anonymous Information” about you when you use the Website, App and/or Service. Personal Information is information that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your full name, email address, phone number, payment method and profile picture, as well as information that is linked to such information. “Anonymous Information” is information that cannot be used to contact or identify you and is not linked to information that can be used to do so. It includes passively collected information about your activities on the Products and Services, such as usage data, to the extent that information is not linked to your Personal Information.
You may be able to access and browse certain portions of the App and download the App without disclosing your Personal Information, although, like most website and mobile app providers, we passively collect certain information from your devices, such as your IP address, browser information, unique device identifier (“UDID”) and/or your mobile operating system. Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this will limit the features of the Service you can access and use. In order to utilize the Service, you must register with Vanir through the App. Anyone who registers with Vanir as a customer is a User (“User”).
a. Voluntarily submitted information
We collect information that you provide to us during your use of the Website, App and/or Service, such as:
• Personal Information that you enter when registering for Vanir services, including your full name, email address, password, phone number, address, date of birth, gender, payment method, billing information, profile information, and related security information used for authentication and account access.
• Communications with us.
• Information you provide in your profile preferences, to customer support services or that you post on any forums or message boards.
b. Information collected through use of the Service
• Location data: If you access the Service through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include the GPS coordinates or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
• Transaction data: We collect information created during your various interactions with the Service, including the date and time of your use of the Services.
c. Information collected via technology
• In connection with your use of the Service, we may receive your call data, including the date and time of calls and SMS messages, the parties’ phone numbers and the content of SMS messages that relate to your use of the Services. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s Bluetooth, camera, push notifications, and other features.
• If you log in to our Service with social media credentials (e.g., Facebook or Twitter log-in), your Personal Information may be provided to us by such social media site.
• If you choose to link your Vanir account with a third party payment provider (e.g., Google Wallet), your Personal Information may be provided to us by such payment provider.
d. Information provided by others
2. How We Use Your Information
a. Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
• Register and administer your account.
• Provide and maintain the Service, including sending new product, service or new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
• Facilitate communications between Users.
• Offer User customer support and diagnose technical and service problems.
• Send communications and administrative emails about the Service and reply to your inquiries.
• Provide you with promotional and advertisement materials, which may be based on your prior activity.
• Provide your information to drivers for the delivery of our Products and Services.
• Personalize and tailor the features, performance and support of the Website, App and Service.
• Send you promotional/marketing information, newsletters, offers or other information from us or on behalf of our sponsors or partners.
• Offer you participation in special events, programs, surveys and market research.
• Provide you with opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest to you.
• Improve existing and develop new products and services and requested feedback.
• Improve the quality and safety of the Website, App and Service and perform internal operations.
• Analyze, benchmark and conduct research on User data and interactions with the Service.
• Perform accounting, auditing and other corporate procedures.
• We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
• We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
• Prevent and identify fraud and other unlawful activity.
• Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
b. Anonymous Information
We may use Anonymous Information for the following purposes:
• Improve the Website, App and Service and customize your experience, such as by providing targeted useful features and promotions based on the type of services you seek.
• Aggregate the information collected via Cookies and similar technologies to use in statistical analysis to help us track trends, evaluate the effectiveness of our ads and analyze patterns.
3. How We Share and Disclose Information
We know how important it is to keep your information confidential. We will not rent, sell or share your Personal Information with third parties except as specifically approved by you at the time of disclosure or under the circumstances described below.
• We share certain information about Users to enable the scheduling and provision of Service.
b. Third-Party Service Providers
c. Compliance with Laws, Law Enforcement and Safety
We may disclose information we have collected about you if required to do so by law or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), or to protect or defend Vanir or a third party’s, rights or property. We may also reserve the right to disclose information we’ve collected about you for purposes of protecting the health and safety of our Users, such as in the case of risk of harm or violence against any person.
d. Anonymous information
Aggregated Anonymous Information is the combination of your Anonymous Information with the Anonymous Information of other Users (“Aggregated Anonymous Information”). Aggregated Anonymous Information does not allow you to be identified or contacted. We may share such Aggregated Anonymous Information with third parties, and, depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for such information, or limit the third parties’ use of the same.
e. Business transactions
4. Your Choices
5. Updating Your Personal Information
You may revise your Personal Information by adjusting your account settings on the App or by contacting us directly through the app contact us form. However, please note that we may be required to maintain certain Personal Information, or to maintain certain Personal Information for a period of time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request if possible, only after we have fulfilled such requirements. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from our active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud detection or similar purposes. Note that if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot compel the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
You must be 18 years of age to become a User. Minors under the age of 18 are prohibited to register as a User of this website and App and are not allowed to transact or use the website or App. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from individuals under 18 years of age and no one under age 18 may provide any Personal Information to us.
7. Security and Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. Your consent to such purpose remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
8. Third Party Websites
9. Ad Networks and Third Party Cookies
11. Contact Us